Ayush admin | Nov 24, 2020 | 587
Ayurveda for arthritis
Improper food habits and sedentary lifestyle can lead to impairment of digestive fire and formation of ama (toxins) and vitiation of Vata (air). Lack of physical activity might also cause Arthritis. Rheumatoid Arthritis is known as Amavata in Ayurveda. This disease causes chronic inflammation of the joints, tissues around the joints, as well as other organs in the body.
Some of the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis are:
- Feeling thirsty
- Lack of appetite
- Pain and stiffness in the joints of the hands
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR ARTHRITIS
- One of the main objectives of Ayurvedic treatment arthritis is to balance and stabilize vata in the body. This can be done by strengthening the alimentary canal and the metabolic pathway. This ensures that the circulatory channels are not blocked by impurities; open by nourishment delivered to joints.
- Persons suffering from Arthritis have to drink lots of water and detoxify themselves periodically. Some of the other measures to overcome Arthritis have been mentioned as below:
- Begin your day by drinking a large glass of lukewarm water with lemon juice.
- Consuming Fenugreek reduces ama and corrects vata dosha. It is a natural remedy for arthritis. Using fenugreek seeds in your food will also be useful.
- Using fenugreek seeds by grinding them and mixing them with mustard oil will also reduce Arthritis.
- Stress and anxiety are a major reason for the development of ama in your body. Practicing relaxation techniques such as Meditation can curb anxiety and ama in the body.