ayushadmin Nov 24, 2020
Unani : A largely unexplored form of alternate medicine
Unani form of medicine originated from Greece. The natural processes of a body are treated with Unani medicines that have no side effects. It is also known by the name Greco- Arabs medicine, Arab Medicine, Ionian Medicine and Oriental medicine.
Unani follows the humoural theory that postulates presence of four humors in the body, which are:
- Blood (Dum)
- Phlegm (balgham)
- Yellow bile (safra)
- Sauda (black bile)
The practitioners of Unani medicine opine that the achieving a balance of the bodily fluids known as the “four humours” is essential for good health.
One of the salient features of Unani treatment is drugs are never prescribed during the early stage of treatment. Unani medicine is one of the important components of AYUSH which can cure all types of diseases.
It can treat both simple as well as complicated diseases. Unani medicine has worked wonders for Asthma patients, arthritis, cardiac disorders, psychological disorders, urinary infection and digestive problems.
- A recent research also reveals that Unani medicines are effective for treatment of skin diseases including leukoderma.
- Researchers have also said that Unani form of medicine can work wonders for patients suffering from ‘Cerebral palsy.
- Studies and research has also revealed that Unani medicines have cured patients of Sexual disorder. Experts also opine that Unani is the best form of medicine to treat sexual disorders.
- Unani form of medicine originated from Greece. The natural processes of a body are treated with Unani medicines that have no side effects. It is also known by the name Greco- Arabs medicine, Arab Medicine, Ionian Medicine and Oriental medicine.
- It is also best recommended to people suffering from chronic acidity, flatulence, indigestion, abdominal pain, urticaria and several other ailments.
This alternative form medicine has drawn attention in advanced countries such as Germany, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.K and U.S.A The most common treatments in Unani medicine also include surgery, leech therapy and dietary changes.Patients with the below mentioned health ailments; diseases can use Unani medicines for quick recovery.
“Unani medicine believes that diseases can be kept at bay by the use of clean and fresh water, breathing clean air and consuming fresh food. A balance should be maintained between the mind and body so that the metabolic process can take place easily and the body waste released”
- Arthritis – Taking Unani medicines has known to cure Rheumatoid Arthritis. A study published in Indian Journal of Medical Research has confirmed the same. Medicine prescribed by Unani physicians have known to reduce the inflammation considerably.
- Cataracts – A herbal formula used in Unani medicine, Kohl Chikni Dawa is known to treat Cataract. A study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology has revealed that eyedrops containing Kohl Chikni Dawa helped to resolve cataract issues.
- For better Mental Wellness – A formula by name Khamira Abresham Hakim Arshad Wala, a preparation containing lots of natural ingredients not limited to cardamom, saffron, citron and Indian bay leaf may prevent ageing related impairments in brain function. It is always advisable to take Unani medicines after consultation with your regular physician. Pregnant women, nursing mothers, children and those with medical conditions need to consult their doctors before taking Unani Medicines. Although, tremendous progress has been registered in the development of modern medicine; Medicinal plants continue to be an importance source of drugs. Unani continues to be an excellent source of alternate medicine which offers treatment to ailments without any side effects.
- Google Plus