Ayush admin | Nov 10, 2020 | 572
Healthy Benefits From King Of Fruits Mango
Mango King of Fruits
Mangoes are called as king of Fruits, known for its sweetness, richness and flavour. It mainly originated 4000 years ago in the sub-Himalayan region. India is the largest producer of Mango. More than 1000 varieties of mangoes are grown. Mangoes are excellent source vitamins (Vitamin B6, Vitamin A and Vitamin C), minerals like potassium, magnesium and copper. Mango season starts in the last week of March and ends till the last week of April.
Types of Mango
- Alphonsa – It is one of the sweetest and most expensive varieties of Mango. It is grown in Ratnagiri, Raigad, Sindhudurg districts and Konkan region of Maharashtra.
- Badami – Badami Mangoes are known as Alphonso of Karnataka state. Karnataka is the largest producer of Badami mangoes. The taste and texture of Badami is same as that of Alphonso.
- Neelam – Neelam mangoes are primarily grown in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala. They are usually harvested at the end of June.
- Sindhoori – Sindhoori mangoes are mainly used for the preparation of juices and milk shakes. It is mainly cultivated in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. It derives its name due to deep reddish tinge which looks like Sindhoori or vermilion on top of mango.
- Dasheri – Dasheri is a very famous variety and delicious mango which are grown in Northern part of India. It is available in the months of May, June and July. It is produced in large quantities in Malihabad in Uttar Pradesh of North India.
- Kesar – Kesar mango also called as Gir Kesar. It is commonly known as “Queen of Mangoes”. It is mostly grown in Gujarat, western India. It is known for their pulp colour, taste and shelf life. It is available from May to July.
- Mulgoba – Mulgoba Mango is widely cultivated in Tamil Nadu. It is called as “Alphonsa of South India”. It is widely cultivated in Salem, Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri districts in Tamil Nadu. It is also grown in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Prevents cancer and night blindness
- Increases haemoglobin count in the body
- Vitamin C and fibre, pectin present in Mangoes controls the cholesterol level of the body
- Improves eyesight, reduces inflammation and relieve dryness
- Mango tree bark can be used to treat the dental problems
- Boost the immune system of the body
- High in nutrients, low in calories helps to reduce the weight
- Improves digestive system
- Makes your skin internally and externally beautiful
- Used in many beauty treatments
- Maintains the PH level of the body